March 30, 2018

Lens review: GEO Princess Mimi Starmish Brown

Hello fabulous folks out there!

Today is a circle lens day and I'm finally gonna review a pair that I've had in my possession for years – the super popular GEO Princess Mimi Starmish Brown (sometimes just simply called GEO Starmish Brown), designed by Japanese fashion model Mai Hirose. I've heard these sell like hotcakes in Japan but today I'll show you what they look like on a light-eyed person. ^_- Also, these lenses can be identified by their code thingy XKP-304.

Let's go!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.5 mm
Water content: 42%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


As with any legitimate GEO lenses these came with authenticity stickers; you can find a serial number code on each sticker that you can enter online to make sure that your lenses are safe to wear. Never buy cosmetic lenses from markets and other shady places where you can't verify their origin!

I think I originally bought these lenses because I was curious about their light orange-ish brown color, which is not all that common. I remember thinking that these could be that perfect match for cosplaying characters who have those kind of honey or caramel-ish brown eyes that the ordinary brown lenses would be way too dark for. Also, who doesn't want to try a lens that everyone else is raving about? :D

One lens in.
These lenses are on the bigger scale but not overwhelming – I suspect that the thick limbal ring adds to the illusion. The color does indeed turn into this kind of caramel color on my eyes and it actually matches quite well; I was half-way expecting the lenses to clash more as my eyes are light blue-gray and the only thing close to brown on my eyes is a golden ring around the pupil. You can tell where the lens ends and my real eye color begins but the pupil hole is not as glaringly large as on most other big lenses so yeah, it actually doesn't even look bad on my eyes!

Lens photos below!
All photos taken by yours truly during a March afternoon with a clear sky. All close-up photos are free from color filters and such and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible. 


Natural room light in my apartment.
Yellow light in my apartment.
Bathroom light.
Flash photo.
Facing the window in my apartment.
Outdoors, back against the sun.
Outdoors, facing the sun.
It's a really cute, alluring and charming lens that makes your eyes look youthful and awake. Definitely suitable for both cosplay and fashion because of its generous color, which also happens to be good on the coverage front. The enlargement effect is there and, although I suspect these might look the best on dark eyes, they still look helluva good on my peepers as well!

Regarding comfort I'd say that the Starmish Brown are pretty good. I can easily wear them for 2 hours and I have naturally dry eyes. These do, for some reason, give me a slight vision blur but it's nothing that really bothers me. Overall they are comfortable and I feel pretty safe to say that I believe I could wear these for anywhere between 3-5 hours. There is no itchiness or anything of the sort, although my eyes were a bit red after I took them out.

I would recommend these lenses if you are looking for this kind of specific brown shade that borders on orange territory. The design is pretty ordinary (in the sense that there's no fancy patterns etc) but it does its intended job well and these lenses are thus a great addition to any fans arsenal.

Distance photo!


Short summary:

Color: 7/10
Vivid orange-ish brown color that you don't come across too often. Innocent and full of life.
Design: 7/10
Simple yet striking design that ups your eye game to eleven!

Opacity: 7/10
These do notably change my eye color to brown but the pigmentation appears irregularly printed, which gives a more natural appearance rather than solid, unrealistic coverage.

Enlargement: 7/10
Definitely enlarges your eyes.
Comfort: 6/10
Pretty good. No itchiness or anything but slightly blurs my vision. Wearing time anywhere between 3-5 hours on dry eyes.
Naturalness: 4/10

If we ignore the size and the black rim these do at least make some sort of effort to not look too fake. 


Thanks for reading! ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!