March 21, 2014

Lens review: Beaucon Vibrant Match Blue

Hi everyone!

It's time again for another contact lens review guys! This time it's the Beaucon Vibrant Match Blue. I bought these some time ago and I've been waiting for a reason to open them and well, the reason you will find out in another post soon but now let's get on with the review!

Lenses in vials.
Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.0 mm
Water content: 45%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)

These lenses look a medium blue when not worn; they are rather pretty if you ask me. I like the design of these surprisingly much and I think I'm starting to really prefer lenses with a black outer rim haha. Regarding the design there are some small black dots close to the pupil hole following a star shape, otherwise the blue color is pretty solid while also imitating the patterning of a real iris.

Lens on my finger.
One thing that's not so pretty though is that when I tried to open the bottles I had problems with not one but both of them. The plastic lid just went off without taking any of the metal protection with it. Meh. I had to fetch a knife and massacre my way through the metal...

This is not cool bro.
Not saying this only happened with the Beaucon lenses; I've had this problem with pretty much any lenses. I think it's just how lucky you are if you get a metal troll in yours or not. xD
But yeah, back to the lenses. I popped one into my eye and it went in without any problems. The description on the bottles say that the diameter is 14.0 mm which is pretty much as small as circle lenses can be.
These blend really well with my natural eye color and look surprisingly natural while still having that noticeable color oompfh. I actually went to do some quick business with these on and didn't get any comments or questions I assume either the light was too bad for the others to see or these lenses just look natural enough to pass for real eyes. I would say these are good for cosplay as well as for everyday fab contacts.

One lens in. (taken in bathroom light)
These contacts don't hinder my vision; I have no random blue corners when I move my gaze or anything. They are pretty comfortable but even though I wore them for around 4 hours I could still always feel that I had contacts on, it was slight though. It wasn't uncomfortable at all or anything but I just felt them when I blinked. Also, maybe it's just me but it felt like these started to feel dry faster than other contacts I've tried. I don't know, might also be because putting contacts on was pretty much the first thing I did today when I woke up and well, my eyes were a bit tired. Nothing bad though overall, I'd still say they are comfortable to wear.

I took a couple photos just to show what the lenses look like when worn. There's no color filters or anything to alter the color on these photos.

Taken indoors during daylight hours on a cloudy day.
Taken while facing the window from a distance.
I don't really know what more to say. I find myself liking the blue shade a lot and I'm pleased with these contacts. They aren't super noticeable in darker/dim lights but in brighter lights or outside they turn this vibrantly awesome blue that is striking and just looks some sort of awesome. I definitely dig these contacts.

Took a distance photo just for demonstration.

(am I the only one thinking Kuroko from Kuroko's Basket? xD)
Want to read reviews of other colors in the Vibrant Match series?
Check out these reviews: Green, Violet, Brown

Short summary:

Color: 9/10 
Nice vivid blue shade that shows up nicely. Looks great on light eyes!
Design: 7/10 
Design seems to mimic real eyes and does it well.
Opacity: 8/10
Covers my real eye color surprisingly well!
Enlargement: 2/10 
Barely enlarging, which I like. I don't always want obviously enlarging lenses...
Comfort: 6/10 
I can sometimes feel I have contacts on when I blink and they seem to dry out faster than some other lenses, still okay though.
Naturalness: 7/10 
Except for the vibrant blue shade these look pretty damn realistic.

I don't have so much more to say I think.
Any questions just leave a comment! :D kthxbai! ~

4 comments:

  1. on muuten hyvän siniset piilarit :) tuli muute kans kuroko mieleen tosta vikasta kuvasta !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those contacts looks great on you! :3 And yes, that last pic really reminded me of Kuroko as well~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I think these would be especially good for cosplaying male characters, because no IN_YOUR_FACE enlargement ~
    Also this last pic... Me thinks dragon. :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh why they look great on you :3 and acutlly now when your mention it xD you do looking like Kuroko lol.

    I actually ordered from this series too but beaucon series but beaucon shrimer purple I think... wore them when I was Hotaru from Sailor moon a short while last närcon summer and I was gonna do a review on them a looong while back but the other one dried out OTL and I dont have a proper camera OTL,but neverthless cool reveiw! :)

    ReplyDelete

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!